Who We Are
Hope For Ecuador, Inc. is a Christian non-profit organization that was founded in 2019 by Mark Pelletier after a clear calling from God to reach the people of Ecuador with the Gospel. Mark felt this calling in January 2013 which led to multiple short term mission trips to the country of Ecuador. In October 2018, God clearly called Mark and his family to make a permanent move from Southwest Florida to Ecuador. Mark and his family of six moved in July 2020 and began reaching people for Christ through community outreach programs and discipleship training.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, trustworthy and true, without error, Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe there is only one God who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- We believe Jesus Christ is God, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death that paid for our sin through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension/rising up to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1; Matthew 1:18,25; Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 9:15-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 9:27-28)
- We believe that acceptance of Jesus Christ and the corresponding renewal of the Holy Spirit are the only paths to salvation for lost/sinful men and women. (John 3:16; John 5:24; Titus 3:3-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who lives within and guides Christians so they are enabled to live godly lives. (John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13-14)
- We believe in eternal life, and that through belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, we spend eternity with the Lord in Heaven. We believe that in rejecting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we receive eternal suffering in hell. (Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, that all believers are members of His body, the Church. (Philippians 2:1-4)
- We believe that God created all human beings in His image. Therefore, we believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; that we must honor the physical and spiritual needs of all people; following Christ’s example, we believe that every person should be treated with love, dignity and respect. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Having a passion for all of Ecuador to experience and know God’s love it was hard to know where God would place us. After several mission trips to different areas it was clear to us that God was leading us to the unreached community of Don Juan which is situated in the coastal region of Manabí, Ecuador.
You must be logged in to post a comment.